Updated July 15, 2022:
All Covid-19 related protocols for entry to the BVI have been eliminated and no screening/testing is needed related to Covid-19. Guests DO NOT need to provide any Covid-19 test for entry or provide any confirmation of travel insurance or vaccination status.
Please visit https://bvi.gov.vg/travel-protocols for any additional information.
Updated June 22, 2022:
The protocols for entry have been updated.
- All guests over age 5, regardless of vaccination status, must present a negative Covid test with 48 hours of arrival to BVI. This can be a PCR test or Antigen test. It can be a home test ONLY if the test is from Emed.com and proctored online and provides an authorized lab report. Home tests from Walgreens/Amazon etc are NOT ACCEPTED
- No guests need to complete a travel portal
- No proof of Covid travel insurance is required
Please refer to the link from the government website for details on entering the BVI if you are vaccinated or unvaccinated. https://bvi.gov.vg/travel-protocols
Updated May 18, 2022:
The protocols for entry for unvaccinated travelers have been updated. Please refer to the link from the government website for details on entering the BVI if you are vaccinated or unvaccinated. https://bvi.gov.vg/travel-protocols
If you have any questions on what is required, please reach out to a member of our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Updated Nov 16, 2021:
British Virgin Islands Announce No Entry Testing for Fully Vaccinated Travellers:
The Government of the Virgin Islands announced via the Official Virgin Islands Gazette on 16 November, that fully vaccinated arrivals in the Territory are no longer required to test for COVID-19 upon arrival. Travellers would have to produce a negative result for a RT-PCR or approved rapid antigen SARS CoV-2 test taken no later than 48 hours before arrival in the Territory. Fully vaccinated passengers that present proof of vaccination and a negative test result are also no longer required to pre-register on the Hummingbird portal.
However, fully vaccinated passengers who present a negative test older than 48 hours, whether due to reasons such as delays and overnight layovers, will be required to pre-register on the Hummingbird portal and take a rapid antigen SARS CoV-2 test on the day of arrival into the Territory. Pre-Registration is based on the port of arrival.
Travellers arriving at West End Ferry Terminal must pre-register at https://westend.bvi.care/; travellers arriving at Road Town Ferry Terminal must pre-register at https://rtferry.bvi.care and travellers arriving at TB Lettsome International Airport must pre-register at https://airport.bvi.care. It should be noted that West End Ferry Terminal is designated for the entry of vessels carrying fully vaccinated passengers and crews only.
Updated Oct 3, 2021:
As of Oct 1st, the BVI eliminated the need to complete the BVI portal prior to entry! This applies if you are fully vaccinated or a minor (17 years or under) traveling with a vaccinated adult.
The newest arrival information from the BVI Tourist Board states:
- Fully vaccinated guests will no longer be required to apply for entry through the BVI gateway portal application.
- Vaccinated minors – travellers age of 17 or under who are travelling with vaccinated parents or guardians — will also be exempted from the BVI gateway portal while being subjected to similar stringent measures.
- Upon entry into the territory, each vaccinated traveller must provide the results of a negative COVID-19 PCR test or antigen rapid test that is no older than five days - this CANNOT be a home test, it must be completed by a lab. They are also required to present valid proof of vaccination and Covid insurance coverage. Options for insurance include:
- Guests will have a rapid antigen test done upon arrival in BVI. Travelers must REGISTER IN ADVANCE for their antigent test at their port of entry to BVI:
- Partially vaccinated and unvaccinated travellers 18 years and older, are required to quarantine for 7 days and still need to complete the portal. Minors, 17 years and under, do not need to be vaccinated, complete the portal or quarantine as long as they are traveling with fully vaccinated adults.
This is great news and just one more positive step toward making the entry process for our guests quick and easy!
Updated Aug 1, 2021:
Virgin Charter Yachts would like to provide an update on entering BVI in light of Covid-19.
The BVI has been open to tourists since Dec 1, 2021. We are happy to say the entry process continues to get easier every month that goes by! For charter guests who are fully vaccinated (defined as 2 weeks following your second dose) the simple protocols are as follows:
- 5 days before arriving in BVI complete a negative Covid test in the USA. This can be either a rapid Antigen test or a PCR test, but it must be done in a lab (you may not do the home test for entry to BVI).
- Once you arrive in the BVI there is NO QUARANTINE TIME, you proceed right to your yacht from the ferry/airport and can head out on the water and visit any of our beautiufal beaches, go to any of the beach bars, restaurants etc. immediately
- Kids 17 and under do not need to be vaccinated, and they also do not need to quarantine as long as they travel with fully-vaccinated adults. Kids are allowed to go with the adults in their group to any of the bars, restaurants etc. from the moment they arrive in BVI. There is no additional testing required for kids during your time in BVI
- All the bars and restaurants in BVI are open for in-person dining and they are thrilled to welcome tourists to their establishments!
- Currently, the USA is requiring a negative Covid Antigen test in order to return to the USA. We recommend that before arriving, guests purchase the home antigen tests from Emed.com. The USA is accepting test resulta specifically from Emed, as they proctor your home test. You will login to the Emed site and conduct the test yourself while they watch on-line, and then they will email you your results. You upload the results to either the St. Thomas or Puerto Rico portal for re-entry into the USA. With the home test, you can take the test on your charter yacht wherever you are and at whatever time you want, so you don't have to change any of your interary plans or alter your charter route for a test.
- That's it!
Although social media can be great, it also can spread lots of misinformation. All of us at Virgin Charter Yachts actually live in the BVI. Since we are on the ground in BVI, we have access to the most accurate and timely updates from the BVI government and we can assure you that we will provide you the most current information. We also frequently travel back and forth between BVI, St. Thomas as the USA mainland so we have extensive experience with the arrival and portal process.
Please reach out to our team at email@example.com or call 1-284-495-2526 and we would be happy to assist you further! Hopefully, it will be ‘smoother sailing’ for us all soon!