Since the end of 2017, the marina situation in the British Virgin Islands has been uncertain at best. Thanks to the folks over at BVI Traveller Marinas Report, we now have a better understanding of the current state at some of our favorite BVI marinas.
Sure, there’s very little chance that you will run out of fuel while cruising in the BVI for a week, but unless you can discipline 8+ guests to take 3-minute showers, you’re probably going to need a refill on water at some point; not to mention ice for your coolers and additional food provisions. Luckily there are excellent marinas scattered throughout the islands that can come to your rescue.
Let's take a peek at some of our favorite marinas and what's now online at those locations.
Marinas on Tortola
Of course we have to start with one of our favorite. Make sure to check out all that Nanny Cay Marina has to offer before leaving the dock on your charter. And feel feel to pop back in throughout your trip if you are in the area and have a need for our facilities.
- Slips: 60 Available
- Services: Fuel, Water, Ice and Laundry, Car Rental
- Amenities: Swimming Pool, Showers and Restrooms, Beach, High Speed Internet
- Restaurants Choices: Captain Mulligans Sports Bar, Genaker Cafe, Peg Leg’s Beach Bar
- Other: Riteway Grocery, Blue Water Divers, 5 Elementz Spa, Almond Tree Salon, Island Time Car Rental, Arawak Clothing and Gifts, ATM
Located on the West End of Tortola in Frenchman’s Cay.
- Slips: 35 Available
- Services: Water, Ice, Fuel (Limited), Moorings available
- Restaurants: Pussers Landing Restaurant, Omar’s Cafe
- Other: Grocery to Open January, 2019
Situated on a a small 8-acre island located just off East End Tortola.
- Slips: None
- Services: Fuel, Water, Ice
- Restaurants: Pussers Marina Cay (now open)
- Other: Moorings available, Beach, Grocery available at nearby Trellis Bay
Marinas on Virgin Gorda
Located on the southwestern shore of Virgin Gorda, just north of the Baths in St. Thomas Bay.
- Slips: Available
- Moorings available in St. Thomas Bay outside of VGYH
- Services: Fuel, Water, Ice, Electric
- Restaurants: The Bath and Turtle, Chez Bamboo in Spanish Town, Coco Maya (will be happy to pick you up at the marina)
- Shopping Center and Shower facilities under reconstruction
- Groceries are within walking distance from the marina
Located in the North Sound on the north end of Virgin Gorda.
- Slips: Available
- Services: Fuel, Water, Ice, Electric, Trash Disposal, Shower Facilities, Laundry Mat
- Restaurants: The Restaurant at Leverick Bay
- Other: 36 Moorings, Groceries
Marinas on Jost Van Dyke
Located on the south side of Jost Van Dyke in Great Harbour.
- Slips: 100’ Fuel Dock
- Services: Fuel, Water and Ice available
- Other: Moorings available
- Grocery: Camila’s Superette grocery for limited supplies, ice and snacks
- Restaurants: Foxy’s Tamarind and Corsairs Restaurant
For additional up-to-date marina information, check out the BVI Traveller Marinas Report. Keep in mind that some of the marina’s are still rebuilding after Irma and are hoping to have more services available in 2019. Visit our Charter Resources Guide for more information on marinas.